Intra-company transferee Visa


You qualify for an L-1 visa if you have been employed outside the U.S. as a manager, executive or person with specialized knowledge for at least one out of the past three years, and you are transferred to the U.S. to be employed in a similar position.

Applying for an L-1 Status 

Step One: The Petition

The petition is filed by your U.S. employer company. The object of the individual L-1 petition is to prove three things:

   That you have been employed outside the U.S. for at least one of the past three years as an executive, manager or person with specialized knowledge;

   That the company you worked for outside U.S. has a branch, subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture partner company in the U.S., and

   That the U.S. entity requires your services to fill a position of the same or similar level as the one you presently hold outside of the U.S.

Step Two: The Application

The application is filed by you and your accompanying relatives. This application is your formal request for an L-1 visa or status. 

Step Three: Paperwork

There are two types of paperwork you must submit to get an L-1 visa. The first consists of official government forms completed by you and your employer. The second is personal and business documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, school transcripts, diplomas, company financial statements and company tax returns.




Copyright 2000. Wilco Consulting Co.  Ltd. All rights reserved

Site Designed By